HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! If you are here, it's very likely that you need some eye makeup ideas for tonight, or you're simply curious. Either way, thank you for stopping by! Here is how I created my shimmery eyes with MAC's Basic B'tch Palette (BBP). If you are looking for a change from the bold lip, it's a beautiful neutral smokey look that will pair well with any little black dress.
Before you do your eye makeup, I recommend an eye primer or base. I like to use MAC's Prep + Prime Radiant Rose. It's a pen with a brush tip which makes it easy to apply.
1. I put MAC's "Saddle" (a golden orange brown) into my crease with MAC's #217 brush.
2. On my eyelid, I used "sly girl" (although it looks dark grey, it's the purple with silver pearls on the far left) from the BBP with MAC's #239 brush.
3. For my eyelid highlight - this is all of the twinkle!- I used "tattle-tale" (grey with pink pearl next to sly girl on the right) from MAC's BBP on the center of my eyelid, and then Aritaum's Mono Eyes in "G18" or "Glitter Concert" on top (an alternative would be MAC Glitter in "Reflects Transparent Pink"). You'll want to wet your brush after you pick up the shadows for that beautiful metallic finish. I also used MAC's #239 brush for this.
4. My all time favourite highlight product is Marc Jacobs 04 Mirage Filter highlight powder - I used this on top of my cheek bones and brow bones. Then, I added a bit of MAC's "Ricepaper" (peachy gold shimmer) using MAC brush #252.
5. LINER! You'll want to line your upper and lower waterline and keep your eyelid liner-free. This is so your eyelids can sparkle all night without hiding beneath a strip of black. I used good old MAC "smoulder". This look is shim shimma, but you also want the smoke!
6. Lastly, you'll want to finish off this eye makeup with some falsies or tons of mascara! I used Aritaum's Premium Idol Lash in N11. Dress up (Black 8mm).
LET IT SHINE. Enjoy your makeup, and all the best to you and yours in 2018! I can't wait to share more with you in the New Year!